Samsung Electronics chief executive Kwon Oh-hyun on Tuesday said the South Korean tech giant must improve, as it reels from the costly withdrawal of its Galaxy Note 7 smartphone. Without referring directly to the failure of the fire-prone Note 7s, Kwon said in a statement Samsung employees should look back and ask whether they had been complacent in their work. "We have a long history of overcoming crises," Kwon said. "Let us use this crisis as a chance to make another leap by re-examining and thoroughly improving how we work, how we think about innovation and our perspective of our customers."
The global smartphone leader and Apple rival last week said it aimed to recover quickly from the withdrawal of the fire-prone Note 7 in October. The debacle raised concerns about Samsung's quality control systems and dragged its third-quarter mobile earnings to their lowest level in nearly eight years, but so far no one at the firm has been publicly held responsible. Samsung is expanding its probe into the Note 7 fires beyond batteries, as it tries to get to the bottom of one of the worst product failures in tech history.
Google and HTC are set for a reunion. The two companies first came together to b
Acer today expanded its product portfolio with the unveiling of a slew of produc
Competition Commission has cleared IT company HCL Technologies' equity swap deal
Chinese smartphone maker Lenovo is all set to launch the first Google Project Ta
Apple wants to move the internet from your pocket to your wrist. Time will tell
LG has launched a new smartphone - X Power, in India. Part of the company's X li
OnePlus Co-Founder Carl Pei on Monday revealed CM12S will be released for the On
The country's second-largest software exporter Infosys has announced cash awards
Xiaomi recently launched its Mi Note 2 smartphone with a dual-curved display, al
LG took the wraps off its Flagship Android smartphone LG G5 today at its Play Be